What is BrowZine?
BrowZine is a free application from Third Iron that allows users to browse, read, and monitor journals available through the library. With BrowZine, you can:
- Create a bookshelf of your favorite journals for easy, fast access
- Read articles in a format optimized for a tablet device
- Get alerts when new journal issues are published
- Save articles to Zotero, Dropbox, or an app of your choice for pdf collecting and notetaking
- Share links to articles with others by email, Facebook, or Twitter
Note: BrowZine does not contain all 13,000 e-journals available through the Library and should not substitute for a comprehensive search of the medical literature. Please contact us if you need help with in-depth research.
How do I get BrowZine?
While connected to the WCMC network, go to www.browzine.com. Because you are connected to the network, BrowZine should automatically recognize the Weill Cornell Library. If not, choose “Weill Cornell Medical College” from the library list and click “Authenticate Library.”
To access some of BrowZine’s features, like My Bookshelf, you’ll need to sign up for an account. This is free, and will also allow you to seamlessly sync your library across devices.
For mobile devices, download the BrowZine app. Go to thirdiron.com/download and select your device store, or click on the appropriate store link below.
You will be prompted to Choose Library. Select “Weill Cornell Medical College” and continue. If you are not already connected to the WCMC wireless network, you must do so now.
You can then create or login to a BrowZine account. This will automatically sync your web version and any mobile versions of BrowZine.