- Browner, Warren S. Publishing and presenting clinical research. (2nd ed) Philadelphia : Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, c2006. [WMC] Books - Stack 2 WZ 345 B884p 2006 Introduces publishing, posters and presentations; addresses authorship, choosing a journal and responding to reviews.
- Davis, Martha. Scientific papers and presentations. Burlington, Mass. : Academic Press, c2005. [WMC] Books-LLvl South T 11 D263 2005 Especially good for graduate students.
- Goodman, Neville W. and Martin B. Edwards. Medical writing: a prescription for clarity. (3rd ed.) New York: Cambridge University Press, 2006 [WMC] Books - Stack 2 WZ 345 G653m 2006
- Huth, Edward J. Writing and publishing in medicine (3rd ed) Baltimore : Williams & Wilkins, c1999. [WMC] Books-LLvl South WZ 345 H979w 1999
- Klein, Karen Potvin. The publication process at biomedical journals Reston, Va. : Council of Biology Editors, c1999. [WMC] Books - Stack 2 WZ 345 C855p 1999 Only eighteen pages- but lots of insight and sample correspondence.
- Morgan, Peter. An insider's guide for medical authors & editors Philadelphia : ISI Press, c1986. [WMC] Books - Stack 2 WZ 345 M849i 1986 Oldie, but goodie on how editors review authors’ work. Easy to read.
- A Surgeon's guide to writing and publishing. Ed. M. Schein, J.R. Farndon & A. Fingerhut. Kemberton: Blackwell Science, 2001. [WMC] Books - Stack 2 WZ 345 S961 2001
- Wager, Elizabeth. Getting research published: an A-Z of publication strategy Oxford : Radcliffe, c2005. [WMC] Books - Stack 2 WZ 345 W131 2005 Includes timelines and step-by-step guides to publication process. Use index to figure out where content is hidden in A-Z format.
- Zeiger, Mimi. Essentials of writing biomedical research papers. New York : McGraw-Hill, Health Professions Division, c2000. [WMC] Books-LLvl South WZ 345 Z46e 2000 An in-depth textbook with exercises and examples.